SignVideo provides Deaf or Hard of Hearing Camden residents who use British Sign Language (BSL) instant access to a SignVideo online BSL interpreter.
This service is available Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm.
The service is closed at weekends and on Bank Holidays.
The service is free from your own home. It’s simple, fast and secure.
How does it work on a Computer?
To contact the SignVideo Interpretation Service through a computer, you’ll need video capability and broadband access. Then follow these steps:
- Click SignVideo link below to make a call from the browser
- Connect to a SignVideo interpreter and they will confirm you are contacting Camden Disability Action Information and Advice
- You will then be connected to a registered BSL interpreter and can start the conversation in BSL (British Sign Language).
SignVideo offers this service to MacBooks and PCs running Windows.
Connect to SignVideo
Check your operating system requirements
Before using SignVideo BSL Live, please check you meet these basic requirements as a minimum:
- You’ll need to have a computer or device with one of the following operating systems:
- iOS devices: 11 or above
- Android devices: 4.4 or above
- PC devices
- Your computer or device will need to have one of the following browsers:
- PC: Chrome and Firefox
- macOS: Chrome (Safari 11 supported)
- a webcam
- bandwidth of at least 512kbps upload and download.
How does it work?
We connect to a fully qualified SignVideo interpreter, so you can see them on the screen. They will help you communicate with our staff.
You can also contact us to book a face-to-face interpreter through SignVideo on our website – we may need up to two weeks’ notice to arrange the meeting.
For SignVideo troubleshooting and technical help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org